Dr. A. O. Surendranathan
- Institution of Engineers (India) Gold Medal in 1980 for becoming all India first in A.M.I.E. (Metallurgical Engineering) Examination.
- Prof. J. Balachandra Best Paper Award in the area of corrosion science for the year 1996.
- Second Prize for oral presentation in Environment Sciences Group at the 58th Annual Technical Meeting of the Indian Institute of Metals held at Thiruvananthapuram in November 2004.
- 'The Best Paper Award’ at the Golden Jubilee Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering (AIM ENGG 2011).
Dr. Anandhan Srinivasan
- Gold medallist in both B.Sc. and M.Sc.
- 2 Indian patents.
- 3 Overseas research fellowships.
- Won project grant under DST fast track scheme.
- Editorial board member by invitation: International Journal of Energy Engineering, Hong Kong.
Dr. Jagannatha Nayak
- National Merit Scholarship for meritorious performance in Class X in the year 1980.
- SMIORE gold medal for securing 1 rank in B.E. (Metallurgical Engineering) in the year 1987.
- Excellent paper award for the paper, “2 The Effect of Protective Coatings on the Oxidation Behavior of 6061Al/SiC Composite at High Temperatures” authored by S.Rajasekaran, in the Session No-12 of International Conference on Manufacturing Science and Technology-ICMST 2011, Singapore.
- Best paper Award for the paper “Corrosion In hibition of 6061Al-15 V% SiC(p) Composite in Hydrochloric acid (Using Pyridinium salts of 1,3-Thiadiazole-2,5-dithioland1,2,4- Triazole-3,5-dithiol)”,at 13th National Congress on Corrosion Control (NCCI) NMD,Mangalore,12-14October 2006.
Dr. K. Narayan Prabhu
- National Metallurgists Day Young Metallurgists’ Award by the Ministry of Steel, Government of India, 1993.
- BOYSCAST Visiting Fellow and Post Doctoral Research Associate at the University of Birmingham (1996-1997) and UMIST, Manchester (1998-2000).
- Sir C.V. Raman Young Scientist Award in Engineering Science 2001 by the Government of Karnataka, India, February 2003.
- DST-The Royal Society Visiting Scientist Award at the Interdisciplinary Research Centre (IRC) in Materials Processing, University of Birmingham, UK, 2005.
- Editorial Board Member: International Journal of Cast Metals Research, Maney Publishers, UK.
Dr. M. R. Rahman
- Fellow of Academia Sinica, Taiwan.
- Japanese government Scholarship (Monbukagakusho Scholarship), Japan.
Dr. Ravishankar K.S.
- Best technical paper award for the paper “Austempered ductile iron for high strength and high fracture toughness”, “International Foundry Research” during Feb-2010.
Dr. Shashi Bhushan Arya
- Direct-Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) from Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) New Delhi , 2003-2008.
- Best poster Award from International Symposium on ‘Advanced Stainless Steels’ 2007, Chennai
- Travel grants (500 $) award from The Electrochemical Society, New Jersey USA.
- Best poster Award from NMD-ATM 2009, Indian Institute Metal (IIM) Kolkota.
- Best poster Award from CORCON 2013, New Delhi.
- Best oral presentation Award from NMD-ATM 2013, Varanasi
Dr. Sreeram Krishnamoorthy Kalpathy
- Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, University of Minnesota 2011
- S. Anantharamakrishnan Memorial Award for academic excellence in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (Dual Degree), IIT Madras 2007.
Dr. Subray R. Hegde
- Introduced Super-Solidus Processing of Single crystal Superalloys.
- S.R. Hegde, N. Chalasani, Submerged combustion burner and melter, and method of use,International patent applied for Johns Manville Corporation -2013.
- S. R. Hegde, “Submerged Combustion Burners” – International patent applied for Johns Manville Corporation-2013.